I graduated from Elon University in 2004 and went to Wake Forest University for my M.A. in General Experimental Psychology. I received my Ph.D. from the University of California, Riverside in 2011 and joined Rutgers University, Camden as an Assistant Professor in Psychology in September, 2011. I am extremely excited to be a part of the Rutgers-Camden Psychology Department and the Rutgers Community!
Major Research Interests:
- Associations between personality, health, and behavior across the lifespan
- Multi-method approaches to studying personality and social psychology
- Person perception and impression management
- Situational assessment
Work in Progress:
- Studying the relationships between personality, health, and behavior across the lifespan.
- Using multi-method approaches (e.g., directly observed behavior, peer reports, teacher ratings, clinician judgments) to understand personality and social psychological phenomena.
- Examining the role of impression management in understanding: a) how people are perceived and b) the causes and consequences of how one is perceived.
- Connecting how people perceive the situations they experience to important life and behavioral outcomes.
- Examining the accuracy of snap judgments of health.